Monday, June 30, 2008

Is it just me or...

Recently, I've been watching more America's Best Dance Crew than should be considered healthy, and have noticed that Lil Mama (singer of my favorite song about lip gloss) is secretly 80 years old.

Exhibit A: Lil Mama's crazy color-coordinated and bedazzled outfits.
Lil Mama is definitely receiving some divine inspiration from a grandma somewhere down in Florida. Or maybe she's just a fan of Maxine from Shoebox cards. Whatever the source, it's clear that Lil Mama likes rhinestones on everything from her baseball cap to her track jacket.

Exhibit B: Lil Mama's often incoherent judgements.
This verbatim judgement is from a recent episode. I assure you that, even in context, this quote is highly incomprehensible.
Um uh I definitely feel that you guys need to rehearse different types of sway. Because um you're opening was great, and that's something that you're used to you know what I mean. Uh wavey fingers and stuff like that -- I don't know what you call it. It was cute. And then and then y'all went into the bounce. You know what I mean. And the bounce was kinda off then y'all caught it. Ya know what I mean? The bounce was really fast and then it went slow. Ya know what I mean? You gotta learn how to bounce in and out of music. [Throws to a slow mo clip of a dancer doing a wind mill] This is what makes you guys so great. When you can have one person doing this, while the rest of you guys are occupying the audience you know what I mean and keeping us entertained. Just make sure that you put that extra stab in the heart of the chicken. You feel me? Do y'all thang.

Exhibit C: She's called Lil Mama, which sounds like a grandma's nickname.

Ladies and gentleman, I rest my case.

No comments: