Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yikes!

So I've noticed a pattern in all the Olympic events I've been watching: China is a dominating force in just about everything. At first I thought this was due to the communist-country model of athletic factories which crank out top athletes. And then I thought maybe it was all apart of China's riff on Hitler's plan for the Nazi-Olympics (i.e. prove to the world that your country and people are awesome, concerns about your human rights record be damned). But then I took a closer look at some of the events China for which has been amassing medals:
Archery.

Judo.

Shooting.

Weightlifting.

Wrestling (freestyle and Greco-Roman).


Anything sticking out to you? Because it seems pretty clear to me that China is creating a super-human force of special agent spies !

Or, in the case of the gymnasts, a new cast for Cirque du Soleil.

1 comment:

Rina said...

i know this will ruin the jokey tone, butttttt

the chinese must do some crazy mental exercises that we in the west don't know about.
zen?