Monday, June 02, 2008

Drugs R Bad


Today I strayed from my usual route to school and ended up having an intriguing conversation with a gentleman addled by drug addiction and tooth decay. Below is a short excerpt from our long (and almost unintelligible) conversation"

Toothless Crack(meth?)head: Are you Spanish?
Me: (flattered to be mistaken for anything other than white) No.
TCH: Oh. You look Spanish. You look like my dad.
Me: What?
TCH: You look like my dad. He's Spanish. You know Andre the Giant?
Me: Yeah.
TCH: You look like him. You look like him. (trails off into a long monologue about the wrestling exploits of Andre the Giant)
Me: Oh. Interesting.
TCH: You know Elizabeth Taylor?
Me: (Hopeful that TCH will compare me to an attractive woman as opposed to a wrestler) Yes I know of her.
TCH: She was married to Macho Man Sanchez. You look like him. And you know what? You look like her, too (points to 14 year old Latina waiting at the bus). And like my dad. And like my mom. And like Andre. And Macho Man.
Me: Thank you.
TCH: You got a dollar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Any drug addled strangers I ever meet cut straight to the dollar part.

You know- for the last dozen or so years I've been trying to put my finger on the numerous people of strikingly dissimilar appearance which you somehow simultaneously resemble and, then, this guy- wow- right on the head.