Friday, March 28, 2008

Kid's Poems

I'm currently reading my students' poetry, and was compelled to share their masterpieces. They have been asked to write poems about their feelings, about fruit (grapes and oranges), and an acrostic poem about themselves. Hopefully these poems are enjoyable to someone who doesn't know these kids, because otherwise this entire post will have been a waste of time.

Untitled
Cassandra is good at math
And good at reading.
And I am smart at number
And ABCD too.
And I now how to spell Sunday.
~ Cassandra

Quarters
I get
Quarters
When I am good
I get
Quarters
When I am
Excellent
I get quarters
When I ask
~ Cassandra

Janneurys is
Always hear in time
No boty is better than him
Next he don't fight
Every boty lovs him
Up to lern all day
Redin he is good
You will love him
Sometimes he be bad
~ Janneurys

Brian!
I feel exsided when people
Are my friend
I feel [worried]
When I am alon
In the darck
I feel frightened
When ther is a
Spoockee noees
I bend my body
When I am sad
~ Brian

I like GRAPE
Look like a circle
Look like a fac
it is a sphere
it a red baby
like a eye
Feels like basball
Feels a somkelshy [squishy]
like a bananana
is rand like a
ball
feels hard lik pentbl [pebble]
~ Tais

6 comments:

Rina said...

i enjoy!
i enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I wish I got quarters when I was excellent :-(

www.twoyearsprint.typepad.com

the_mayor said...

Well Jerome, you should try just asking for quarters because I hear that works just as well.

Anonymous said...

"Brian!" is awesome. seriously- it's pretty good. I also enjoyed the one about grapes. it's funny because it's true! they are squishy, much like bananas!

Anonymous said...

PS- I took a creative writing course on poetry my first year in college (you had to try out for it) and all of these poems are, without hyperbole, 8 or 9 times better than most of the poems in that class combined. good job, ms. mac.

Emily said...

hahaha those are absolutely great!